MsgFiler 3.1.2 was released to the App Store. There are three notable changes:
- Compatibility fixes. We resolved an error that was prevent MsgFiler from running on OS X Mavericks.
- MsgFiler Engine is now automatically activated in MsgFiler 3 if the OS X Mail plugin is installed. In previous versions of MsgFiler 3, the user had to manually re-activate the use of the MsgFiler Engine plugin in Preferences > Filing if the plugin were somehow disabled by OS X Mail (i.e. an OS update).
- Keep MsgFiler Open After Filing is now the default. Apple’s App Store review team rejected our MsgFiler submission unless this preference was changed. For optimal performance, we suggest unchecking this preference so that MsgFiler hides itself after filing a message. The preference is in MsgFiler Preferences > Filing.
MsgFiler Engine version 1.0.7 is now available. The new version adds support for OS X Lion 10.7.2 and displaying mailboxes of offline accounts.
MsgFiler 3.0.2 has been approved and is now available on the Mac App Store.
Improvements and bug fixes in MsgFiler 3.0.2 include:
- Bug fixes.
- Better memory usage.
- Selection in mailbox list does not shift after filing.
- Fixed bug where mailbox names might be improperly truncated.
- Faster loading of mailboxes when using MsgFiler Engine.
- Fixed bug causing MsgFiler to switch to discrete graphics on certain MacBook Pro laptops.
- When no mailboxes are matched, the count says 0 instead of the previous mailbox count.
- Mailbox list updates after adding or removing excluded mailboxes.
- Notifies the user when trying to create a mailbox underneath a mailbox that contains non-ASCII characters. There is a bug in Mail’s AppleScript support that prevents the creation of new mailboxes underneath these kinds of mailboxes.
Accompanying MsgFiler 3.0.2 is MsgFiler Engine 1.0.3. When using the Engine, mailbox loading times are dramatically faster.