Mojave introduces a new way to manage and enable Mail Plug-Ins. You’ll install MsgFiler Engine and the Original MsgFiler Mail Plugin in the same way as before, but you’ll need to go into Mail’s Preferences to enable the plug-ins to work. See step 9 below for more details.
It is common for macOS updates to disable your Mail plugins. To get back fast-filing performance with MsgFiler, simply:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- Decompress the ZIP archive.
- Double-click on the disk image file.
- Go to the Finder.
- Hold the option-key down and click on the Go menu.
- Choose Library.
- Navigate to the
- Drag the
MsgFilerPlugIn.mailbundlefolder into the Bundles folder.
- If you are using macOS 10.14 Mojave, open Mail Preferences
- Click Manage Plug-Ins.
- Ensure that MsgFilerEngine.mailbundle (or MsgFilerPlugIn.mailbundle) is checked.
- Click Apply and Restart Mail.
- Quit and relaunch Mail.
Verify that the plugin is active by clicking on the Message menu:
- MsgFiler Engine: A menu item labelled “MsgFiler Engine 1.3.3” will appear at the bottom of the Message menu.
- Original MsgFiler Mail Plugin: A menu item labelled “Move with MsgFiler” will appear at the bottom of the Message menu.