It is common for macOS updates to disable your Mail plugins. To get back fast-filing performance with MsgFiler, simply:
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- Decompress the ZIP archive.
- Double-click on the disk image file.
- Go to the Finder.
- Hold the option-key down and click on the Go menu.
- Choose Library.
- Navigate to the
- Drag the
MsgFilerPlugIn.mailbundlefolder into the Bundles folder.
- Quit and relaunch Mail.
Verify that the plugin is active by clicking on the Message menu:
- MsgFiler Engine: A menu item labelled “MsgFiler Engine 1.2.8” will appear at the bottom of the Message menu.
- Original MsgFiler Mail Plugin: A menu item labelled “Move with MsgFiler” will appear at the bottom of the Message menu.
NOTE: We’re currently fielding reports of a crash during filing with the Original MsgFiler Mail Plugin when pressing the Return/Enter key. Clicking on the Move button will correctly file the message. We’ll release an update when the bug has been isolated and squashed.